Sunday, February 7, 2010

Goochland Landscape

I finally took out a piece of UART paper and did something with it. I have a bunch of photos I took in Goochland county a few years ago and I've been wanting to draw them. I tried one last year... colored pencil on Stonehenge paper. It came out ok but it needed help, also I had problems with a workable fixative I tried on it. Here's the one I just finished....


It only took a few hours to draw. It's 8"x6" ish on Uart 600 paper using Prisma Colored Pencils. It's a sanded paper... actually looks like a piece of sandpaper. The great thing about it is you can use lights to go over darks!! Which is a very exciting thing with colored pencils. I can create a more painterly piece without having to use paint. I have much more control over a pencil than I do a paintbrush.

The scan didn't work so I took a picture of this and it still doesn't show the blue sky. It is blue... really. I did use a light orange undercolor on it and that's what is showing through.

Thanks for looking!

Tim

No comments: