Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Cabin Fever

Here's another commission I did. Here's the real life pic....


I thought this would be the easiest thing in the world for me to draw right? A rustic cabin that already has charm and character? It turned out fine but I had problems with all of the horizontal lines. A lot of info in such a small space you know. This is 2½" x 3½" on illustration board.


One thing I'm working on now is trying to get all of the window panes represented in the drawing. It's hard to do in such a small space but I'm toying with the idea of using the impressed line technique. I've tried to scratch the grid of the windows into the board and when I go over it with graphite the scratched part remains white. I think it will work ... just need the right scratching tool.

Thanks for looking!!

1 comment:

Toni James, CPSA - DesertWindsStudio.com said...

OOoooo here is the cabin! cool! Yeah, the impressed lines should work well for you here. Try a small stylus Tim?