Monday, October 5, 2009

House ... NOT the TV show.

Here's a look at my latest house commission! I'm not sure if I'm allowed to use the homeowner's name so I'll just call him 'Chad Kirstein'. I've been doing these ATC size (2½" x 3½") house drawings for awhile and 'Chad' ask me to do one of his house. He sent me this photo.


And I turned it into this!

My first step is to do an actual size sketch of the house and play around with it and tweak it until it looks like I want. Then I use tracing paper to trace it. Next I put some graphite on the back of the tracing paper and put the tracing paper over my illustration board and go over the lines with a pen. Also I get paid by how many times I say 'tracing paper'. That transfers the drawing to the board and then I go from there!

If you would like one done of your house please contact me! timstoons@aol.com

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Toni James, CPSA - DesertWindsStudio.com said...

Love it Tim! Very lively unique perspective on a subject thats usually.. well... still and ... and .. stiff? lol I wish you much success with these!